Nov 3, 2016
I have been hanging around using Vienna, Austria as a base for the last 3 years 3 months and getting to travel around Europe. more on that later.
It was time to travel fast-so I hopped a plane to Bangkok, Thailand in route to Cambodia. The time in Bangkok was fun at the hostel with a great diverse group of people. The Thai people are in mourning due to the recent death of their beloved King Bhumibol Adulyadej. They are wearing black and some white and somber colors. The mood of the country is somber also, with even bars playing quieter music and closing at 1am.
I arrived in Siem Reap on Saturday. I came to a cool little hostel Blue Lizard Hostel. The owner is deaf and is part of bringing a sense of community to the deaf in this part of the world. Communication is done through signs posted on the wall and a visual tour of the hostel. We also communicate with phones by typing and then signing things also.
There is a great little group of people fluxing in and out. An American guy riding his bike from the north border of Thailand and coming further south. A couple German's biking also through Cambodia. A Spanish cook-who has a quick smile and sweet spirit. Molly-Dane-here working on staying in Asia long term-possibly as a yoga instructor but short-term doing pub crawl. Adam and American-also part of the deaf community-is seasonal staff.
I have been out around the city a little but mostly trying to organize my paperwork leftover from my time in Europe/America and get my online life coach business-Live Dreams! Going.
Tomorrow I will get up early with a group from the hostel to go see the sunrise over the temple.
Should be cool and amazing to check out some site.
No comments:
Post a Comment